Virtual Marathon Challenge - Anytime
Join #TeamNICHS and help raise funds for us by taking part in our Virtual Marathon Challenge.
Many events have been cancelled over the last year due to the pandemic but that doesn't have to stop you achieving your goal.
Basically, instead of running the normal marathon route with fellow competitors, you can complete it yourself on the route of your choice. You can do the full 26.2 miles if you wish or opt for the half-marathon or a 5K. You can also split the distance between friends and family.
Thousands of people rely on our vital services in Northern Ireland. With almost 90% of our funds coming from you, the public, we urgently need your support to continue ‘caring through COVID’. So, if you like a physical challenge and would like to support our work, the Virtual Marathon Challenge is the one for you!
How to sign up
1. Set a date and time (we all know it's more likely to happen if you have a set date to complete the challenge),
2. Choose your event: Full marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or Walk. If you want to stick to the marathon distance of 26.2 miles, amazing! However, if you would prefer to run a half marathon instead, then go for it. Alternatively, share the marathon distance between yourself and family or friends by doing a relay or walk.
3. Register your fundrasier with us: Click here
4. Get going - don't forget to record your activity on a tracking app (e.g. Garmin, Fitbit or Smartwatch). To help you along the way you could organise to have friends or family join you for some company and motivation.
5. Send evidence: Please email a photo of your completed activity to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Raise £30 for NICHS and we'll send you and your team one of our branded buffs to thank you for your efforts.
If you have any queries about this event please contact our events team on email@example.com or by ringing 028 9032 0184.