Health and Homeless
Still supporting the health of people who are homeless during COVID-19
At NICHS, we remain committed to supporting our partners in homeless agencies and hostels during the COVID-19 pandemic and are still offering the following services:
- Health promotion information and resources
- Digital support
- Online Health Champion Training for Staff
- Online Health Checks and Talks
We’re working hard to re-establish our health and homeless service in hostels and drop-in centres, so we can continue to offer health checks, one-to-one support and group work to promote health and wellbeing when it is safe to do so.
We’re all at risk of chest, heart and stroke illnesses but for those who are homeless, the risk is even greater and often, they don’t have access to a GP or the conditions that support healthy lifestyle choices. That’s why it’s crucial that we keep providing these vital services.
Our Health and Homeless service aims to raise awareness of healthy living and help to reduce the risk of chest, heart and stroke conditions. While we must continue adapting our services according to government guidance, this service is currently available to homeless hostels and drop-in centres in the Belfast and South Eastern areas. Funded by the NI Health and Social Care Board in Northern Ireland, it prioritises families and young people who are homeless.
In the absence of face to face services and programme, NICHS is offering a new Well Space offer to hostels. Well Space is delivered over a one-year period within the Belfast and South Eastern Trust and encourages hostels to embrace healthy options and people who are homeless to incorporate health and wellbeing practices into their day-to-day lives.
- Registration of Interest
- Registration of Interest Form signed off by management
- One-to-one online meeting to discuss programme and hostel background
- Sent out to staff and clients to assess health needs
- Top three health priorities selected to tailor health and wellbeing needs for the hostel
- Health Champion Training
- Both staff and clients are encouraged to take on this role
- Action Plan developed by health champions with support from NICHS and with a focus on health priorities
- Completion of hostel health policy
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Delivery of Action Plan
- Services delivered should be in line with health priorities and public health campaigns
- NICHS will support delivery of services and provision of resources
- Peer-to-Peer Support Session for Health Champions
- Completion of Programme
- Survey resent to staff and clients to assess changes in lifestyle behaviours and impact made
- Celebration event
- Opportunity to progress into another year of the programme to update skills through training and continue to provide services in line with new health priorities from the survey and public health campaigns
- Registration of Interest
For those not taking part in Well Space, we also provide the following services:
- Wellness Webinars
- Online Lifestyle Health Check
- Online Cooking Sessions
- Health Promotion Information
- Healthy Recipe booklets
- Advice and support
To book any of these services please contact Hannah Williamson,Health and Wellbeing Coordinator via email email@example.com or call 028 9032 0184.