Supporting community health and wellbeing
Our health promotion services include health checks and health and wellbeing talks, both of which can be delivered via face-to-face or on online platforms to ensure your community group received the information they need to live healthy and active lives in a way that suits best.
This means they can make informed choices, helping to prevent serious illnesses like chest, heart and stroke conditions.
Our Health Check is:
- A personal and confidential face-to-face appointment with a skilled and caring health promotion specialist who will listen to you and support any changes you wish to make.
- High-quality based on scientific information that aims to detect early warning signs of heart disease or stroke.
- Informed by a pre-health check assessment and consent form that you will be asked to complete before your health check and other terms and conditions apply.
- Caring offering you same-day results with a more detailed personal health report sent to you by email after your health check.
- Supportive offering you information about healthy living and services and suggest you see your family doctor if we are worried about your risk factors.
Our Well Talks cover a variety of topics, which can be adapted accordingly to suit your specific needs. They last around 1 hour and can be delivered face-to-face or via online platforms. The following is our range of topic options:
- Support Your Wellbeing - Take 5 Steps to Wellbeing
- Know Your Signs and Symptoms of Chest, Heart and Stroke Conditions
- Know Your ABC's - Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- A Healthy Heart
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Healthy Eating and Nutrition
- Physical Activity - An Active Day
- Physical Activity – Strengthening