Well Checks for School Staff
Supporting healthy communities
Health checks can detect the early warning signs associated with developing chest, heart and stroke conditions. It’s also important to be aware of risk factors relating to ill-health – so you know when to seek medical help – and how to maintain your overall wellbeing.
Aims of our Well Checks:
- To assess and check for atrial fibrillation (AF), high blood pressure (BP) and cholesterol, as well as measuring your weight, body fat and lifestyle risk factors, with other options also available to suit your needs.
- To empower people to make informed and manageable lifestyle changes.
- To promote organisational health and well-being with long-lasting benefits.
This health check consists of an online one to one lifestyle consultation with one of our Health Promotion Specialists. You will be asked to complete a confidential online pre-health check assessment of your health risks and your results will be explained and discussed at your health check appointment. You will receive a personal health report and supporting health promotion information after the appointment. This health check usually lasts for around 20 minutes.
What’s included in our Online Health Check?
- Pre-Health Check lifestyle assessment
- Information, Listening and Support
- Physical Activity
- Goal Setting
- Personal Report
- Health Promotion Information
- Signposting to other supporting services
Our Health Checks are regularly updated in line with research and clinical guidelines and are carried out by our compassionate and professional staff, who deliver a personal and confidential service.
Our 'Well Check' is a comprehensive cardiovascular health check that can detect the early warning signs and hidden risk factors associated with avoidable chest, heart and stroke illnesses.
NICHS is the only local charity in Northern Ireland that offers a health check for Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Pressure and Cholesterol, as well as measuring your weight, body fat and lifestyle risk factors with other options available to suit your needs. We carried out 9,000 health checks during 2019/20 saving many lives.
What's included in our Face-to-Face Health Check?
- Pre-health check and consent form
- Lifestyle assessment (nutrition, physical activity, smoking, alcohol, stress)
- Atrial Fibrillation / AF - irregular heartbeat
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Body Composition (body fat %, muscle mass, metabolic age & body water %)
- Personal Reports
- Supporting Information
- Follow up support (if required)
The NICHS Well Check is a health check for adults in Northern Ireland. We provide health checks for members of staff in schools, colleges and universities across Northern Ireland.
"Very thorough examination, good explanation of results and follow up actions."
"I was grateful for the health check because, unknown to me, I had high blood pressure and had no idea. So as a result of that, I have had to be monitored at the doctor for about 3 months."
Health Check Packages for Schools:
Face-to-Face Well Check Packages
Online Well Check Packages
Please contact us to find out more about the online health check packages we can offer for you school staff.