Join Our Blood Pressure Online Advice Session
On Thursday 1st June we will be hosting a live blood pressure advice session online for the public who want to find out more information about preventing, detecting, and managing high blood pressure to reduce the risk of having a stroke or heart attack.
This advice session will allow people to submit their blood pressure questions for our panel of clinicians and health professionals to answer on the day.
Joining us on our panel will be:
- Professor Aaron Peace - Consultant Cardiologist
- Dr Naoimh White - GP Partner at Rowantree Practice
- Vanessa McMinn - Public Health Dietitian
Date & Time: Thursday 1st June, 2023, 1pm – 2pm
To book your place at the session, click on the button below and enter code BP23.
The session will be recorded and available to watch back if you cannot attend on the day.
Is Your Number Up?
1 in 2 heart attacks & strokes are linked to high blood pressure.
Check your blood pressure to know your numbers.
We are running our new blood pressure campaign to raise awareness of untreated high blood pressure, which is often known as The Silent Killer.
High blood pressure often has no visible signs or symptoms. It is therefore important to get your blood pressure checked, get treatment if necessary, and change your lifestyle if your blood pressure numbers are high.
Check out our Blood Pressure Campaign page to find out more about high blood pressure and how you can get yours checked to find out if your number's up.
Find out more about blood pressure, how to get your blood pressure checked and how to manage high blood pressure:
Get a FREE Pop-Up Blood Pressure Check
We are delighted that our corporate partner MACE is supporting our blood pressure campaign. Our Health Promotion team will be visiting a number of MACE stores and other locations across NI throughout May and June to provide pop-up blood pressure checks to local communities. We want to provide people with a convenient opportunity to get their blood pressure checked. We understand how busy everyday life can be but making time for your health is so important, so why not get a check when you visit the MACE stores for some shopping?
Check out the pop-up checks planned below, and keep an eye on our social media platforms for updates as more dates and locations will be announced soon!
- Donaghadee Rotary Club - 20th May, 9am-12.30pm (New Street opposite the Co-Op, beside Saints and Sinners restaurant)
- MACE Mount Alverno - 24th May, 10am-3pm
- The Junction, Antrim - 27th May, 11am-3pm
- MACE Greenisland - 1st June, 10am-3pm
- MACE Waringstown - 7th June, 10am - 3pm
- Ards Shopping Centre, Newtownards - 8th June, 10am-4pm
- MACE Moy - 13th June, 10am - 3pm
- Bloomfield Shopping Centre, Bangor - 15th June, 10am-4pm